There haven't been many posts lately. I'm not sure why other than lack of sleep; exhaustion; lack of time; and I'm tired. Also, I think we're just getting to a point where we're figuring it all out. Ainsley is amazing and I love every second I spend with her. But she's getting to a point where she'll entertain herself for more than 5 minutes at a time, so we're now figuring out more how to live life while having a kiddo. The big adventures for the last couple of weeks have been going to watch Mommy play (ok participate in) softball and our bi-monthly breast feeding support group meeting. On top of that, I think the progress has been more about Mommy figuring out how to go about life while breastfeeding than Ainsley learning what to do.
We've gotten into a pattern of cooking on the weekend so we have food for the week with little or minimal cooking. Has been great trying some new recipes - we've liked most and found some that will stay in the books from now on too. Mommy's gone back to swimming once a week and Daddy continues with his marathon training team for his run in November.
We've got a pretty solid work morning routine figured out, although it's not always perfect! Daycare drop off and pickup has pretty much been sorted out. Our downfall lately has been getting baths in - by the time we remember, Ainsley's already on her way to dreamland. We continue to work on milk supply, but it seems to be getting a little bit better.
I guess this is a long way to say, we're really enjoying life as a family. There are the moments when things are crazy, funny, and hectic, but I know they'll continue that way for many more years. Over the past couple weeks I've had a number of friends and people I know have babies. I can't believe it's almost been 4 months since we had Ainsley. Life has changed in the most amazing ways and I get excited for those people as they begin their journey and a little jealous of how small they're babies are. I love my little bug, but sometimes I wish she was little again.
No comments:
Post a Comment