Ainsley had her 2 month doctor's checkup today. I'd forgotten how long waits in pediatrician's waiting rooms can seem, especially ours. I think to call it Spartan would be exaggerating - there is nothing in there but chairs and a couple small tables for kids. No magazines, no wooden toys, just chairs. An exercise in patience. Never mind you never wait less than 10 minutes (today was 30, long enough for Ainsley to fall asleep, nap, and wake back up again).
The good news is that everything is progressing just fine with her. She had a good showing of the results of tummy time and all measurements were normal. Weight is now 9lb, 5oz, she's 23 inches long and head was 38 centimeters. Our ped doesn't do percentages, but I think she's currently on the "petite" side, although everything was within normal parameters. Two months is time for more vaccines - this time 4 shots and one oral vaccine. She was a trooper, but not happy about it afterward. I felt kinda guilty dropping her at daycare with her crying from the shots and hungry, but I had to run to work (I was 30 minutes later than I thought I'd be anyway).
Thankfully no more shots for 2 months. We'll probably do some weight checks at different support meetings, but nothing official until late August. She's getting to be such a big baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment