Monday, June 21, 2010

And so it begins.

I wanted a place to chronicle everything that we're doing with Ainsley. I tried to do a handwritten journal, that lasted about 2 weeks. Facebook is great, but it doesn't have room for somethings. So, I'll try the 21st century version of a journal - a blog. Plus, I can do this from work while...making Ainsley's food for tomorrow so to say.

As I start this Ainsley is almost 2 months old and over 8 weeks. Time has flown. Maternity leave is way too short in this counrty for sure. She's "talking" all the time and is starting to open her hands and reach for things. She also has a great knack of spitting up on her daddy. She's been sleeping great and has been in her own crib at night for about a month. We're up only once at night generally and she goes right back down after eating. Just awesome. Such an amazingly good baby.

Yesterday was Chris's first Father's Day. Ainsley and I "cooked" him breakfast - creamed chipped beef.* Then we gave him his gifts and watched the World Cup.** I did a bunch of chores and let Chris have daddy time for most of the day - except feedings.

In the evening we went to Chris's parents house and Ainsley went swimming for the first time! I think she mostly thought it was a big bath with extra people involved. Maddie, Kaitlyn, Brady, Matt, Becky, and Pop were swimming at the same time. She lasted about 10 minutes - long enough for some pictures (to come as soon as I figure out how to post them) and video. I'm determined she's going to be a waterbaby. Reminds me that I need to look into "mommy and me" swimming classes for later this year. We went sanz diaper since she'd already given daddy an extra present earlier in the day, but I'm pretty sure public pools frown on diaper-less babies.

*I hate creamed chipped beef and love sausage gravy, Chris just the opposite. He continues to point out to me the oddity of this fact. I don't get it.

**If you're a sports fan, is this not the best time ever - World Cup, U.S. Open, Wimbleton, Tour de France right around the corner, baseball, Nascar, etc.

1 comment: