Ainsley is 9 weeks old today, crazy how fast that goes. At just what point are you supposed to switch from "weeks" to "months" in designating how old they are? I think I made the swap from days to weeks at about 2-3 weeks (14-21 days) old.
What's more amazing is that she's well over 9 pounds now! We hadn't weighed her on her own (we'd done the weigh dad with her, weigh without her thing a couple times) since her 1 month appointment. Last night Ainsley and I went to a group meeting for breastfeeding moms. Ok, so the meeting was mostly for me, but one bonus is they have a very accurate baby scale there for weighing little ones. After changing a wet diaper, we got her on the scale and she was 9 lb 4 oz including a onesie and diaper. Her pediatrician should be very pleased with that gain (he better be!). This means that we also need to up how much we're feeding her! We'd been feeding for between 8.5 lb and 9 lb to this point.
After the meeting we met Daddy and his Wednesday night running group out for dinner. I am still amazed how the entry of a baby into a room full of adults turns all attention (and cooing) to the baby. She again showed her prowess at hanging in a loud room and totally conking out in the Bjorn.
No comments:
Post a Comment