Dear Ainsley-
You are two months old today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. You've really grown during this past month, starting at just over 7 pounds and now approaching 9. We'll know for sure at your doctor's appointment next week. You've also grown up a bunch - you're smiling now and "talking" to Mommy and Daddy all the time. You're really getting the hang of moving your arms, legs, and hands - especially finding out that you can stick those finger things in your mouth from time to time. You've also really started to hold your own head up - sure there are times its still a bit floppy - but you've really got a strong neck and you love to use it to look around!
You are a great sleeper, only waking up once a night most times. Mommy is grateful because it lets her get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. You started sleeping in your own crib in your own room at night. Mommy had to learn to listen to your different noises to figure out that most mean you are just fine and are working on getting comfortable and falling asleep. But when you're unhappy you let us know for sure.
There were many firsts this month again - first playdate, first time swimming, first week at daycare, meeting your Aunt Becky, Uncle Matt and cousins Maddie, Kaitlyn and Brady for the first time, first smiles for Mommy and Daddy, first time for NanNan to babysit, and so many more it's hard for Mommy and Daddy to keep track. You also got your first shot (not in the hospital) this month, you didn't like it much but shrugged it off fairly quickly! This was also the first month that Mommy, Daddy and you were home alone as a family for good - all of Mommy's family's visits were over. You're getting bigger we had to move you up to size 1 diapers and are starting to really fill out your 0-3 month clothes. You can still wear some of your newborn onesies, but you're too long for anything with footies on them.
You've been in daycare for just over a week now while Mommy and Daddy work. You are so good with Miss Rita and the rest of the gals, and they just love you since you're such a little peanut. They say that they have to fight over who gets to hold you while you're there. They have so many little swings and other places for you to nap, you just have to use them all! Even though you're there during the day, you remember who Mommy and Daddy are and we get the best smiles when we pick you up in the afternoon.
Mommy loves the moments in the middle of the night when the house is quiet and we are there together. I am trying to enjoy every one of those moments - no matter how tired I am - because I know they will be gone soon. That's Mommy and Daddy's main goal - enjoy every moment because even if it's hard now, we'll wish for these moments back someday soon. One of our favorite things is for you to nap in our arms. You're still small enough that we can hold you! You also love to snuggle on Mommy's chest to nap. I just love listening to you breathe. You also have the cutest little yawns when you're tired.
I can't wait to see what you do in the next month. We already have some plans for NanNan and Pop to babysit a couple times and I'm sure we'll go swimming again. Plus, pretty soon we'll have your first 4th of July - I wonder how you'll like fireworks! All I know is that everyday will be so much fun and I'm so grateful that I'm your mommy. Just do Mommy one favor - don't grow up too quickly.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment