My baby is now double-digits weeks old. I remember when she went from single digit to double digit days, soon she will go from single digit weight to double digit weight. People have told me before I know it she'll be double digit years old, I think double digit months is scary enough.
Ainsley has apparently decided it's funny to pee on the nice ladies at daycare while they are changing her (either that or they aren't waiting long enough for her to be done!). Either way, she's come home in a different outfit than she went to daycare in every day for the past few days. More wash kiddo! Last night she rolled over onto her stomach, but I think that was greatly aided by the fact she was laying on the couch for a second and it was tilted in that direction. But I know actual rolling over is just around the corner. Not sure what I'll do then. I can't even imagine crawling!
For some reason Ainsley has become a grazing eater over the last few days. It's a double-edged sword, it is a reason to spend more mommy-daughter time together, but at the same time makes it difficult to do much else in the morning and at night! In the mornings she used to nurse very efficiently, then immediately take her supplement (formula) bottle. Now, she'll nurse, smile, make faces at mommy and daddy, get changed, nap for a few minutes, then want the supplement bottle...or part of it, then she'll smile some more, coo, look around, and eventually finish it off. Same thing at night, she'll nurse, nap, nurse, nap, nurse, nap, eventually finishing and wanting the formula to top her off. Hopefully it's just a phase, but I'm going to enjoy every extra minute with her while I can (dishes be darned!).
Three nights in a row of sleeping through the night for Ainsley. I'm still having to wake at 3am to pump. I'm going to keep doing it for a bit. It doesn't take too long, I'm used to that wake up now, and it is my most productive pumping session by far. With all the production issues I have, I don't want to do anything to slow what production I do have.
(Warning, boob and pump talk below. Stop reading now if you'd rather remain in the dark.)
Since going back to work my pumping production seems to have gotten a bit better. I think it may be that I switched supplements and also switched the size of my pump shield back to a smaller size. Despite everything, I'm still only producing about 60% of what I should be at a minimum. I pump 2 oz (more or less) 3 times a day at work and one more time (now at 3 am), and we're sending bottles to daycare with between 3.5 and 4 oz in them. After weeks of supplements, oatmeal, pumping after feeding, and water water water, I've decided to give the prescription a try. I did a ton of research on the prescription and am trying for the first time today. My Dr. would only agree to a low dose (about half what I read was the recommended starting dose to really increase production), so I'll see how that goes and may have to call and request he increase the dosage (i.e. talk him into it). I should see how things go within the next few days.
Ainsley still nurses like a pro and I'm sure that helps too. So far I haven't had any real problems with wear and tear due to pumping during the day, but I know by the end of the week that I need a weekend to recuperate a little bit.
I'm frustrated that I have had these problems. In the last week I've started to read La Leche League mother to mother message boards, especially the one for Increasing Milk Production. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person out there who is doing everything possible to increase production and still can't EBF (exclusively breast feed) my baby. I'm determined to keep feeding what I can and knowing there are others out there equally as determined is nice. Chris has been totally supportive, but it is still really hard to go through all this. My grandma used to say there's a reason for everything - I can't wait to figure this one out.
No comments:
Post a Comment